Nitmiluk Festival – Journeys of the Palate
Celebrating the spirit of resilience.
An exploration of the human spirit, its dreams and its resilience; special selections from remote and often inhospitable sites that someone dared to imagine could produce great wine. From Europe’s highest vineyards at the foothills of Mont Blanc, to the cold desert of the Columbia Valley in the United States come remarkable wines that speak as much of their place as of the sheer determination and character of their founders.
Our journey takes in the old Roman gold-mining region of Valdeorras (Valley of Ore), the remote sheep-farming region of Frankland River in Western Australia and the intimidating slopes of Mt Veeder in California. We drop by the ancient Porongurup Ranges in Western Australia and sweetly conclude our remarkable world tour of the remote at the Portuguese autonomous region of Madeira.
12 September 2019
18:00 – 19:00
Sunset drinks and canapes.
A chance to relax on the Cicada Lodge deck with drinks, canapes and a mesmerising sunset.
18.50 - 19:00
Welcome to Country.
19:00 – 22:00
Five-course degustation dinner accompanied with premium wines produced in remote areas, hosted by Jeremy Oliver. Menu created by Cicada Lodge Executive Chef, Adam Woods.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Welcome to Country performed by one of the Jawoyn Traditional Owners.
- Five-course degustation dinner and matching wines hosted by Jeremy Oliver and Adam Woods.
- Breakfast at Cicada Lodge.
- 1-night accommodation at Cicada Lodge.
Executive Chef of Nitmiluk Tours and Cicada Lodge.
Adam has been working and traveling to a number of remote areas in Australia and Internationally, before becoming Executive Chef of Nitmiluk Tours and Cicada Lodge. During his 9 years at Nitmiluk Gorge, Adam has trained a great number of Indigenous chefs, some of whom are still with us, while others have progressed with their career in a number of restaurants in the NT and interstate. The spirit of resilience is reflected in Adam’s ability to produce outstanding teams, constantly delivering award-winning food experiences at a state and national level.
Mark Olive, aka ‘The Black Olive’, has been a chef for over 25 years and has become a well known Australian celebrity with his charismatic style and creative approach to food, starring in his own television series ‘The Outback Cafe’ and a host of cooking, lifestyle and travel shows nationally and globally.
Mark’s passion for fusing native food and culture with contemporary lifestyle cooking has led to a huge international profile specialising in gourmet Australian Indigenous cuisine. Recently he’s been a judge alongside Dan Hong and Melissa Leong on the successful series on SBS The Chefs’ Line which brings home cooks and seasoned chefs together making some delicious dishes followed by a new short series on NITV as a celebrity chef on the series “On Country Kitchen”.
Jeremy Oliver is one of Australia’s foremost wine critics and the country’s leading wine presenter and ambassador.
A trained winemaker and a fiercely independent writer and critic, he is known for his honesty and the integrity of his opinion. A writer of nearly 30 books, his best-selling The Australian Wine Annual is translated into Mandarin Chinese. Last year he introduced his new annual educational book and buying guide, Jeremy Oliver’s Good Wine Guide.
Jeremy contributes to numerous national and international publications, and is a regular top rater on China’s YouKu, Tudou, Soho and Ku 6 with his on-line bilingual TV series Enjoy Wine with Jeremy, where he introduces the emerging Chinese wine audience to knowledge, wines and ideas.
PRICING & Booking info
Date: 12 Sept 2019
Venue: Cicada Lodge - Katherine, NT
Guests: Maximum 36
Price: $598 per person*
Event available for booking on 31 July.
Bookings Essential: To secure your reservation, please email email@example.com.
NOTE: Payment in full is required at the time of booking.
*Price listed is for twin/ double occupancy. A single rate of $1,196.00pp will apply for sole occupancy.
A Journey of the Palate: Sharing our Country
Date: 13-15 Sept 2019
Venue: Cicada Lodge - Katherine, NT
Guests: Maximum 36
- Prices - are in Australian dollars and include 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Child Policy – This is an adults only event
- Cancellation Policy - Where a booking has been made and confirmed with Cicada Lodge and is subsequently cancelled the following refund policy shall apply: More than fourteen (14) days prior to arrival: Full refund. Less than fourteen (14) days prior to arrival date: No refund. All refunds must be issued at their point of sale 1.** Unfavorable Weather Policy** – Should the weather and river conditions be unfavourable causing the cancellation of the 2 Gorge Cruise or the 8 Gorge Heli Flight tour, guests will have the choice to have the tours credited or refunded.
- Credit Card Fee – All credit cards attract a 1.5% surcharge payable at time of the transaction.
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking
- Optional Tours – Cicada Lodge and Nitmiluk Tours shall not be or become liable whatsoever for any injury or loss of any type arising in any manner including whether as a result of negligence or otherwise.
- Bookings – Can be made directly via email. Confirmation will be sent to your nominated email address.