Nitmiluk Festival – Journeys of the Palate
Recognised as one of the best Australian Food Experiences, Cicada Lodge’s “Journey of the Palate” is back.
Two nights of luxury at Cicada Lodge, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the land handback to the Jawoyn people with Mark Olive, the most celebratezd Indigenous chef and Jeremy Oliver, one of Australia's foremost wine writers and presenters.
A cooking Cultural Master Class on the river with lunch with Mark, followed in the evening by a sumptuous five course degustation menu, where Mark will showcase the pick of this regions' produce, acknowledging traditional owners' stories, whilst Jeremy will match the perfect wine to suit.
Completed by a breathtaking Eight Gorge Helicopter flight, this exquisite weekend will create memories that last a lifetime.
Escape and be a part of one of the most exclusive Australian Food Experiences of 2019.
13 SEPTEMBER 2019
18:00 – 19:00
Sunset drinks and canapes.
A chance to relax on the Cicada Lodge deck with drinks, canapes and a mesmerising sunset.
18.50 - 19:00
Welcome to Country.
19:00 – 22:00
Three-course Chefs Table menu with matching wines.
14 SEPTEMBER 2019
07:00 – 08:45
À la carte breakfast
09:00 – 12:00
Exclusive Masterclass boat tour (two Gorges) on Nitmiluk Gorge.
Experience the magic of Nitmiluk Gorge while enjoying a Cooking Masterclass by Mark Olive.
Learn the ancient secrets of the land from our Jawoyn Traditional Owners as this tour continues to the second gorge.
12:30 – 13:30
Lunch at Cicada Lodge.
18:00 – 22:00
A Journey of the Palate – Sharing Our Country
Sunset drinks and canapes, followed by a five-course degustation journey accompanied with premium wines hosted by Mark Olive and Jeremy Oliver. Menu created by Mark Olive.
15 SEPTEMBER 2019
07:00 – 09:30
À la carte breakfast.
08:00 – 13:00
Eight Gorges helicopter flights – on this 15-minute scenic flight over the first 8 Gorges of the river system you can truly appreciate the vastness of this great land.
» Welcome drink on arrival
» Welcome to Country performed by one of the Jawoyn Traditional Owners
» Sunset Drinks and Canapes on the first night
» Chefs Table menu on day 1
» A la carte breakfast on day 1 and 2
» Lunch at Cicada Lodge Restaurant (drinks not included)
» Masterclass Cooking demonstration on the Nitmiluk Gorge (boat tour) by Mark Olive
» Five-course degustation dinner and matching wines hosted by Mark Oliver and Jeremy Oliver
» Eight Gorge Helicopter flight
» 2-nights accommodation at Cicada Lodge
Mark Olive, aka ‘The Black Olive’, has been a chef for over 25 years and has become a well known Australian celebrity with his charismatic style and creative approach to food, starring in his own television series ‘The Outback Cafe’ and a host of cooking, lifestyle and travel shows nationally and globally.
Mark’s passion for fusing native food and culture with contemporary lifestyle cooking has led to a huge international profile specialising in gourmet Australian Indigenous cuisine. Recently he’s been a judge alongside Dan Hong and Melissa Leong on the successful series on SBS The Chefs’ Line which brings home cooks and seasoned chefs together making some delicious dishes followed by a new short series on NITV as a celebrity chef on the series “On Country Kitchen”.
Jeremy Oliver is one of Australia’s foremost wine critics and the country’s leading wine presenter and ambassador.
A trained winemaker and a fiercely independent writer and critic, he is known for his honesty and the integrity of his opinion. A writer of nearly 30 books, his best-selling The Australian Wine Annual is translated into Mandarin Chinese. Last year he introduced his new annual educational book and buying guide, Jeremy Oliver’s Good Wine Guide.
Jeremy contributes to numerous national and international publications, and is a regular top rater on China’s YouKu, Tudou, Soho and Ku 6 with his on-line bilingual TV series Enjoy Wine with Jeremy, where he introduces the emerging Chinese wine audience to knowledge, wines and ideas.
PRICING & Booking info
Dates: 13 to 15 September 2019
Venue: Cicada Lodge - Katherine, NT
Guests: Maximum 36
Price: $1,198 per person*
Event available for booking on 31 July.
Bookings Essential: To secure your reservation, please email email@example.com.
NOTE: Payment in full is required at the time of booking.
*Price listed is for twin/ double occupancy. A single rate of $2,396.00pp will apply for sole occupancy.
- Prices - are in Australian dollars and include 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Child Policy – This is an adults only event
- Cancellation Policy - Where a booking has been made and confirmed with Cicada Lodge and is subsequently cancelled the following refund policy shall apply: More than fourteen (14) days prior to arrival: Full refund. Less than fourteen (14) days prior to arrival date: No refund. All refunds must be issued at their point of sale 1.** Unfavorable Weather Policy** – Should the weather and river conditions be unfavourable causing the cancellation of the 2 Gorge Cruise or the 8 Gorge Heli Flight tour, guests will have the choice to have the tours credited or refunded.
- Credit Card Fee – All credit cards attract a 1.5% surcharge payable at time of the transaction.
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking
- Optional Tours – Cicada Lodge and Nitmiluk Tours shall not be or become liable whatsoever for any injury or loss of any type arising in any manner including whether as a result of negligence or otherwise.
- Bookings – Can be made directly via email. Confirmation will be sent to your nominated email address.